- 10 cups Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (180g) quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (400g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Butter cubed while cold
- 2 cups Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a 9×13 pan with baking spray or coating with butter.
- Place sliced apples in a bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir gently and make sure every piece of apple is covered in the sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together. Add in the cubed butter and use your hands to combine. You want the butter to be pea-sized and coated entirely. You should have 6 cups.
- Spread 3 cups over the bottom of your prepared pan and press flat. Pour the apple mixture over top and press down with rubber spatula. Pour remaining crisp mixture over top of the apples and bake uncovered at 375°F for 35-45 minutes.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Put mixture in a baggie and cut a small corner off bottom of the bag to allow easy spreading.
- After apple crisp gets to about room temperature squeeze frosting across top of the apple crisp.
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)